||Who will conduct the investigation?
- Student Affairs Officer with the assistance of related Manager/supervisor of the incident area
- Health and Safety Team
- Pro- Vice Chancellor, Dean of Students and Chief Operating Officer if the accident is serious.
Benefits of reporting all accidents/incidents, near misses and hazards:
- Investigations (where appropriate) can be performed, and action taken to prevent a recurrence of the incident.
- Trend analyses of the collected information can be performed, allowing the organisation to focus on preventative efforts on areas of most concern.
- A formal record is kept for the University and employee, should it be required at a later date as evidence that the event took place.
- Legal requirements connected with reporting of injury and worker’s compensation are adhered to.